Fruit of the Spirit Bible Study
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." -Galatians 5:22-26 (NIV)
Download a Free Bible Study on the Fruit of the Spirit
We recently finished a Bible study on the Fruit of the Spirit at Westside, and we'd like to make our class handouts available to everyone, free of charge. Use the link below to download the class handouts we used during our Bible Study.
What the Study Covers
Each section of the Bible study focuses on one aspect of the Fruit of the Spirit. Our class sessions explored some of the following questions:
- What did these words mean in the original first century context?
- Where else are these word used in the Bible, and what can we learn about them from those passages?
- Are there any noteworthy quotes or insights about the various aspects of the Fruits of the Spirit from authors, New Testament scholars, or other church leaders?
- How did Jesus demonstrate each of these characteristics in the Gospels?
- Why is it important for followers of Jesus to demonstrate these characteristics in their lives?
Please contact our Lead Minister, Bryan Fojtasek.