Westside Church of Christ in Bakersfield, CA is currently seeking a Student Ministry Intern for the summer of 2019. Our Student Ministry is led by a full time Student Minister and consists of roughly 40 junior high and high school students.
- Intern applicants should not only see themselves as a spiritual mentor for teenagers, but as a living example for what a Christian life should be. The Intern will be expected to demonstrate the highest level of integrity at all times.
- Applicants should have access to some form of personal transportation.
- Applicants should be willing to submit to a background check.
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in college or be a recent college graduate.
Check out Our Student Ministry Page
Before applying for this internship program, please visit our Student Ministry page to learn about the students and ministry you will be working with!
Internship Job Description
The purpose of this internship is to support the Student Ministry at Westside Church of Christ. The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Building Relationships—Spending time getting to know our students and building a mentoring relationship.
- Teaching—Planning and teaching interactive Bible studies for Sunday morning, Wednesday night, and other special events.
- Project Prep and Assistance—Helping our Student Minister plan, organize and prep for our major summer activities (camping trips, community service projects, lock-ins, etc.)
- Ministry Training—Readings and short assignments to help you grow in your ministry.
This is a paid internship program that will pay a minimum of $3,000 for the summer, plus reimbursement of ministry expenses (camp registration fees, gas money, etc).
Please contact our Student Minister, Bryan Fojtasek.