Indoor Worship to Resume October 18th, 2020.
With Kern County now in the “Red Tier,” churches may once again host indoor worship services.
In order to open our facility in a safe and responsible way, we are temporarily issuing the following guidelines for all our guests and members.
Before Coming to Westside
- Health Check: Talk with everyone in your family. If anyone is sick, has a fever, or has been in contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19, please stay home and worship with us online.
- If You Are Sick or At a Higher Risk—Please stay home. God is honored by your worship whether you are at home or at the church building. Please do not endanger yourself or others by coming to Westside if you are sick or in a higher risk category due to age, health conditions or a compromised immune system.
- Bring a Mask: Masks are required during your entire time at Westside (except for taking communion).
During Your Visit:
- Health Check: Staff or volunteers will ask every family if they are feeling healthy upon arrival. Laser thermometers will be available for anyone wishing to have their temperature taken as a precaution.
- Doors Will Be Open—To reduce contact, we will have doors open for you. There may be a line to get in. Please be patient and keep your distance if a line develops.
- Wash Hands Regularly—We will require everyone to sanitize hands as they arrive and before leaving.
- No Contact—Please do not make physical contact with anyone outside your house (e.g. handshakes, hugs)
- Masks Required—Please wear a mask during your entire visit, apart from taking communion.
- Social Distancing—Please maintain 6 feet of space between you and people outside of your household.
- Seating—Please wait to be seated. Ushers will take you to your seats to ensure we practice social distancing. Please keep 4 empty chairs between you and members outside of your household. Please do not sit with anyone outside your household.
- Capacity—Keep in mind, we are limited to 100 people in the auditorium. There is plenty of room for a larger crowd at the outdoor Family Devotional.
- Communion—We will set out individual portions on tables. Trays will not be passed down the rows.
- Offering—We are grateful for your ongoing generosity. We will have a designated space for dropping off cash and checks. Online giving and giving by mail are still available as well.
- No Kids Programs—There will be no Kids Programs (Nursery, Kids’ Praise, HUB) during indoor service. The outdoor devotional will have kids songs and activities during service, but kids will stay with their parents.
- No Classes—There will be no Bible Classes for the time being.
- No Coffee or Food—Trust us. We’re sad about this too. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Fellowship— We know you will want to catch up with your church family. Please do so quickly while practicing social distancing.
- Wash Hands—Please wash hands before leaving.
- Social Distancing—Maintain social distancing all the way to your car.
Contact Us: Westside@WestsideLife.org • (661) 831-4460
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 9am-12, 1-5pm